Ori Pendant Lamps by Lukas Dahlen
Swedish designer Lukas Dahlén designed a set of Ori Pendant Lamps. Made from metal, Dahlén’s design is influenced strongly by origami.
Description by Lukas Dahlén
Sheet metal have the same characteristics as paper when it comes to folding. After a lot of experimenting with paper and watching many origami instruction films I managed to understand the technique and construct a pattern of my own. A lampshade that reflects the light downwards with a light coloured by the golden brass.
The metal is cut with photo-etching, which also cuts halfway through the sheet to create the creases for the folding. A different pattern is used for each side of the sheet to allow the metal to fold in the desired direction.
From the Web
- Wooden Interior by Coblonal Arquitectura
- Casa V. by DOSIS
- Olive House by LOG-URBIS
- HS Residence by Cubyc Architects
- Gardenhouse by Refresh*design
- Modern Seaside Villa in Budskär
- Cabin Norderhov by Atelier Oslo
- Pé no Monte by [i]da Arquitectos
- Colourfull living, Apartment by Architect Your Home
- Whiteboards Reinvented