Husk Armchair by Patricia Urquiola
Spanish born and Milan, Italy based furniture designer Patricia Urquiola designed an amazing colorful armchair set called HUSK for Italian furniture manufacturer B&B Italia.
Description by B&B Italia
A hard shell in Hirek® and a series of soft cushions: these are the basic elements of the Husk armchair. A celebration of softness, Husk is the result of a long development process to create a versatile armchair that is both unique in its own right and able to complement even the most classic sofas. Three typologies of cushion are available: standard, large and very large or with a headrest. A ottoman footrest is also available. Playing on the wide range of colours and finishes of the shell (in four-toned recycled plastic material), the swivel base-frame with four spokes (in black painted, brushed light oak or grey oak finish) and covers (numerous types of leather or fabric), Husk can radically change its appearance, from a single colour to an extremely bright or subtly elegant style. With this project, B&B Italia embraces the theme of ecology by using both recycled and recyclable materials, and components that can be fully disassembled in future – thus simplifying the recycling process and reducing the environmental impact.
From the Web
- Chelsea Townhouse by David Howell Design
- Riverside Penthouse by Tobi Fairley
- Casa JC by Xsche* Taller de Arquitectura
- Whiteboards Reinvented
- Santa Fe Chic by Samuel Design Group
- Kettukallio Cabin by Playa Architects
- Beachside Apartment by Nest Designs
- San Miguel de Salinas by Ábaton
- Lambert Ranch by Duet Design Group
- Multi-Generational House by Kaercher Architekten