SoHo Loft by David Howell Design
Eclectic loft residence designed by David Howell Design situated on Mercer Street, in the heart of New York’s popular entertainment district.
Description by David Howell Design
Located on Mercer Street in SoHo, this loft is on a low floor and has little natural light. A partial height feature wall serves a dual purpose: creating a subtle but distinct transition from public to private and bringing natural light and air into the private spaces.
The design marries classic historical elements with clean modern elements, retaining original details and celebrating imperfections. These include tin ceilings, stripped cast iron columns, original floors and window casings.
The Owner sought to create an eclectic environment based on found objects and art. Collaboration with other artists was integral to the process so the finished product has more than one author.
From the Web
- Penthouse 03 by Ramunas Manikas
- Sergipe Apartment by Felipe Hess
- MP Apartment by Burnazzi Feltrin Architetti
- Apartment V-21 by Valentirov&Partners
- Sun from the West Coast by Alfonso Ideas
- Paseo de Gràcia Penthouse by CaSA
- Layers of White by Pitsou Kedem Architects
- Pallars Loft by Kayserstudio
- Apartment in Saint-Petersburg by Mudrogelenko Design
- 25 Green by Luciano Pia