Busch House by Vega Architecture
This contemporary residence situated in Lakewood, Colorado, was completely redesigned in 2010 by Vega Architecture.
Description by Vega Architecture
The house was originally designed by the award winning architect James Ream, FAIA in 1963. We were asked to add a deck, remodel the kitchen, bathrooms, master bedroom and other smaller areas around the house.
We were thrilled with the opportunity to remodel this incredible example of modern architecture. Within the first five minutes on site, it was immediately apparent that the power and clarity of the original design was not only still relevant, but in fact continues to push our current thinking of what architecture can be. There were no problems to fix, just spaces to enhance and we therefore committed to an approach of respectfully expanding on the design intent of the house, while doing so in our own language.
From the Web
- White House by In2
- Le 205 by Atelier Moderno
- Whiteboards Reinvented
- JG Residence by MPG Arquitetura
- Hi-Rise Condo by Ted Maines Interiors
- Santa Fe Chic by Samuel Design Group
- Apartment in Kiev by DervishGroup
- Kettukallio Cabin by Playa Architects
- Brick House by Clare Cousins Architects
- Casa LA by Elías Rizo Arquitectos