Shipping Container House by Studio H:T
Situated in Nederland, US, this original shipping container retreat was designed in 2010 by Boulder, Colorado – based Studio H:T.
Description by Studio H:T
This project questions the need for excessive space and challenges occupants to be efficient. Two shipping containers saddlebag a taller common space that connects local rock outcroppings to the expansive mountain ridge views. The containers house sleeping and work functions while the center space provides entry, dining, living and a loft above. The loft deck invites easy camping as the platform bed rolls between interior and exterior. The project is planned to be off-the-grid using solar orientation, passive cooling, green roofs, pellet stove heating and photovoltaics to create electricity.
From the Web
- Brown Cabin by D'arcy Jones Architecture
- V-Lodge by Reiulf Ramstad Arkitekter
- Refugi Lieptgas by Georg Nickisch and Selina Walder
- Compact House by Dekleva Gregoric Arhitekti
- 14 Facades' House by M Architecture
- Hunting Lodge by R. Goodwin
- White House by In2
- La Peche Cottage by Kariouk & Associates
- Fisher Island by Associated Design Co
- Crump House by Room 11